15th November 2016
Work on the station repairs are expected to begin in Jan 2017 and is planned to be completed by 10 March 2017.
Northern and Network Rail would like to thank customers this time and invite you to attend a community drop-in event on Wednesday 30th November 2016 at 16.00 - 19.00 at the Moor Club, 35 Heaton Moor Road, Heaton Moor, Stockport SK4 4PB.
In addition to the renewal of the roof structure, they are also taking the opportunity to carry out a number of other improvements at the station:
· Installation of art work at various locations.
· Deep clean to the waiting shelters adjacent to the station structures.
· De-vegetation where required.
· Re-application of the station’s white/yellow safety lines, including “Mind the Gap” stencils.
· Replacement of LED Lighting throughout the internal staircase areas.
· Renewal and repair of the timber window frames.
· Renewal of the floor covering.
· Refurbishment of balustrade.
· Redecoration of the internal building.